There are several reasons you could develop facial pain or pain in your cheek bones. The exact type of pain would depend on the causative factor and could range from a dull throbbing ache to a sharp stabbing one. Sometimes pain could radiate from the head or ears to your face.
It is very important to understand the root cause of the pain since an incorrect course of treatment will only aggravate your condition and potentially end in irreversible damage.
Facial pain as a result of any condition is very agonizing and difficult to bear. A lot of patients have reported that the pain becomes so unbearable that it hinders daily activities and people end up severally compromising their quality of living. Some even find it difficult to perform mundane actions like brushing, eating, drinking, shaving, washing the face etc.
Treatment Options for Facial or Cheekbone Pain
Painkillers such as NSAIDS and opioids are often the first line of treatment to subside the pain. Sometimes antidepressants and antiepileptic drugs are also given to address nerve pain. However, these at best provide temporary relief since the root cause is not addressed and moreover, they are known to cause a host of unpleasant side effects.
On the other hand, numerous natural ingredients like Harpagophytum procumbens, Hypericum perforatum, Symplocos racemosus, Aegle marmelos, Apis Mellifica , Spigelia, Thymus vulgaris, Ginkgo biloba, Glycyrrihiza glabra, etc have been clinically tested for their analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and rejuvenating properties. These remarkable ingredients have also been studied for conditions like trigeminal neuralgia, sinusitis, gingivitis, tinnitus etc.
In fact, with growing awareness and research, many doctors have started prescribing natural ingredients for their numerous versatile and beneficial properties. Biogetica, an ardent follower of natural medicine, undertakes relentless efforts to highlight the indigenous properties of plants, herbs and other natural ingredients. We’ve conducted copious amount of research and have several published patents in the field. Our protocols are formulated to balance the physical, energetic and informational spectra of your life and include evidence based ingredients from 3 distinct healing methodologies – ayurvedic herbs, homeopathic attenuations and cutting edge nutraceuticals. Together, these components work synergistically to help promote freedom and wellbeing to our patient community. To know more about our groundbreaking, natural and multi-disciplinary kits, visit www.biogetica.com.
Medical Conditions That Lead to Cheekbone Pain
- Trigeminal neuralgia: This painful condition involving the trigeminal nerve of the face causes unbearable agony and distress. A person afflicted with Trigeminal neuralgia may experience sharp, short and unpredictable attacks lasting from a few seconds to minutes. This disease is a common cause of cheek bone pain and rehabilitation is a very arduous process, since, none of the conventional treatments have been able to provide complete relief. In contrast, a research study reported that trigeminal neuralgia patients obtained an overall reduction of more than 60% in pain intensity and attack frequency using natural remedies.
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome: This is a disorder of the TMJ joint that connects your jaw and skull. Injury to this joint can lead to localized pain. The arising pain is dull and often radiates to the ear and side of the head. Biogetica’s Neuralease possesses a potent combination of herbs including Bacopa monnieri, Pluchea lanceolata, Pheonix farinifera, Vitis vinnifera, and Glycyrrihiza glabra that may provide support to the joint and rejuvenate it for optimal functioning.
- Physical trauma: Injuries due to accidents, surgical complications, etc can also cause pain in the cheekbones. A fracture to the cheekbone may lead to severe pain and discomfort. Biogetica’s homeopathic combinations including sarcodes of bodily tissues and other nutritional ingredients may strengthen the bones, promote regeneration and provide nutrients for a healthy musculoskeletal system.
- Sinusitis: Inflammed paranasal sinuses are a common cause for cheek bone pain as inflammation of the mucous membrane results in fluid build-up blocking the sinus cavity and disturbing normal drainage of the mucous.
Apart from the above causes, pain in your cheekbones may be attributed to any of the following causes:
- Tooth infection
- Impacted tooth
- Tooth abscess
- Otitis media, otitis externa (ear infection)
If facial pain is ignored, it could lead to further damage and degeneration of the affected region. Chronic pain can also adversely affect the quality of your life and result in several other health problems such as depression, weight loss, insomnia, fatigue and isolation. It is therefore important to address cheekbone pain promptly to avoid further complications and live a pain free life.
In order to follow the right course of treatment, it is very important to evaluate the definite cause of facial pain. Biogetica’s experienced panel of Ayurvedic and Homeopathic practitioners are available for free consultations round the clock and can assist you in diagnosing your condition and recommending protocols best suited for you based on the cause and severity of your condition. Speak to one of them now for more information, assessment of your health condition, answers to any of your health related concerns and personalized recommendations.