Natural Remedies for heartburn and acidity/acid reflux
Heartburn is an unpleasant condition. It occurs when acid secreted by stomach cells regurgitates into the esophagus. Acid reflux or acidity is another way of describing this condition. The acid that rushes back to the esophagus produces irritation, inflammation, and scarring. People suffering from acid reflux may have burning, irritation, nausea, coughing and wheezing. Chronic acid reflux also enhances the chances of esophageal cancer.
The most important aim is to reach the root cause of the problem to get it resolved completely. Alternative and natural therapies can be used to get rid of occasional bouts of heartburn and acid reflux. Some important natural therapies are discussed here:
- The first and most important thing is to lose weight. Reducing body fat can help to improve the symptoms of acid reflux symptoms.
- Raw almonds also help in reducing the symptoms of acid reflux. Raw almonds produce an alkaline substance that helps to balance your pH.
- You can also balance your acid levels by drinking fresh lemon juice in a cup of warm water every day in the morning empty stomach.
- Research studies have also found that sleeping on the left side also provides relief from GERD symptoms. People who sleep on their right side feel more pressure that aggravates the symptoms of GERD.
- Increase the intake of fiber in your diet. It ensures better digestion and prevents acid reflux.
- Eat small meals at frequent intervals of time for better digestion and absorption of the food nutrients
- Try to eat your last meal at least two hours before going to bed. It helps in complete digestion and there are fewer chances of getting acid reflux symptoms.
- Aloe Vera juice is also a wonderful home remedy for preventing acid reflux. Drink half a cup of aloe Vera juice, half an hour before meals to prevent acid reflux.
A combination of alternative therapies can help to get rid of acid reflux naturally. Natural therapies when combined harmonize. Biogetica kits contain traditional remedies that work to balance the five elements. These remedies also balance blocked enzyme and hormonal functions to provide optimum health.
Dr Ritu Sandhu, B.H.M.S., Homeopath, and NASH member graduated From Chandigarh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh, INDIA is a licensed Homeopathy practitioner since the last seventeen years. She writes on health-related topics to share her cumulative experience. Her mission is to uphold the time-honored values of compassion and humanity when caring for patients.