Diet for Tendonitis
Is there actually a diet required for tendonitis? The answer is yes, as it is said that “All disease begins in the gut”. Omega-3 fatty acids, Magnesium, Vitamin c, Vitamin E and gluten free diets help reduce the symptoms of tendonitis.
TENDONITIS DIET RECOMMENDATIONS
What is Tendonitis?
Tendonitis or Tendinitis means inflammation of tendons. Tendonitis is classified depending upon the part of the body that is affected. It is common around the shoulders, elbows, wrists and heels. It can result from an injury, activity or exercise that repeats the same movement. Chronic overuse of tendons leads to tears within the collagen matrix, which gradually weakens the tissue. If diagnosed early following certain diet restrictions & home remedies can be helpful in alleviating the inflammation & repairing the damaged cells.
We are providing the necessary food recommendations for Tendonitis.
- Gluten free vegetarian diet improves the signs and symptoms of Tendonitis.
- Bitter and sour edibles and food easy to digest is useful in tendonitis.
- Include foods like strawberries, kiwi and oranges.
- Vitamin E rich foods like green leafy vegetables should be included
- Flaxseeds and fish are good source of omegar-3 fatty acids- Intake of Omega-3 is known to naturally reduce the inflammation and pain.
- Foods rich in magnesium such as dark leafy greens, nuts, seeds, fish, beans, whole grains, avocados, bananas and dried fruits
Foods for Moderate Consumption:
Oily food, butter, food heavy to digest, too much of wheat even whole wheat bread should be moderated
Foods to Avoid:
- High fat such as fatty beef, pork, lamb, poultry skin, ice cream, butter, cheese, bacon, bologna, salami, pepperoni and beef sausage.
- Also avoid too many calories from candies, cookies, soft drinks and refined food such as white rice and white bread
- Dried ginger powder about 1 teaspoon with jaggery taken two times daily offers significant pain relief in many.
- Take a teaspoonful of Castor oil daily with a glass of warm water; it helps clear the bowels and reduce pain and inflammation.
- Soup prepared with Green gram, turmeric, fresh ginger and garlic is very helpful.